> A study in Sweden, published in the
> British Journal of Industrial Medicine,  did a statistical analysis of the
> probability of developing  neurodegenerative diseases in various
> occupations. This study was the most detailed mathmatically that I have come
> across. The results rated the the likelyhood of coming down with
> neurodegenerative disease in, for example welding, as 10 times as great as
> in the general population.  I can dig out the ref. if you are interested.
>
>                                                                         Peace,
>      John

I would appreciate the citation.  Do you know was there follow-up studies tracking
commonly used chemicals in the highest risk occupations.

I once read a newsletter that said one statistical link was rural living/well water
drinking people were more likely to get PD!  Feels contrary to ourd fear of industrial
chemical pollution, smog, etc.  I personally fit in with that pattern as I was raised
on a farm and drank well water most of my life.  If we all try to look objectively at
our past maybe we will get lucky!

Doing anything feels better than doing nothing and I'm sure that luck usually follows
effort!

mike