Thank you Robert Howard for your comments. Yes, it is good to know we are
not alone.
Actually I did not mention that a couple wks previously my mom ended up at
the emerg. ward where they determined she was depleted of salt due to what
they said is a rather rare but real side-effect of Prozac. She has also
been on a pretty low salt diet for years. They didn't give her any meds for
it but took her off the Prozac and she is trying to eat salt and more fats
than before. They rechecked her this wk but don't know the results yet. The
strange thing is the effect from the prozac makes you think everything
tastes very salty, so you eat even less.
They now have also decided to check out some other things, like monitering
her heartrate.
I pass on all ideas I receive here to my parents and thank you for your ideas.