Pam wrote:

>My mother developed Parkinson's Disease after the death of my brother.  She
>worked in a Chemistry Lab about 30 years before developing the disease.   Her
>dementia did not start until 7 years after onset though, but it began with
>depression.  Three of her friends worked in that Chemistry Lab and all have
>Parkinson's Disease.

With such a high incidence of PD in that lab group, it seems REAL important
to ask what chemicals they were using?? Or what procedures and/or
experiments they were involved in.  Almost sounds like an MPTP lab or
something. Did others work there also who haven't become parkinsonian (yet)?
Wow, I bet if a group made a worker's comp claim stick  for PD due to
on-the-job hazards some bureaucratic-type folks would take notice.

Our Young onset group has determined two prevelant chemical exposures that
we have in common 1) plastic/epoxy/resin type stuff and 2) marijuana sprayed
with paraquat during the Nixon administration - Operation Intercept.

Kathie Tollifson