Jeff (45, 6) has a strong family history of PD as some of you have read
about previously. Two paternal uncles and one maternal uncle. The maternal
uncle (now deceased) Parkinsonism always raised questions in my mind because
he was a vet from Viet Nam, a Major in the Air Force. He flew K140's (or
whatever the huge transport planes were) loaded with Agent Orange as it's
cargo. On his break time from flight responsibilities he would go in the
cargo area, lay down and sleep on bags of the Agent Orange! Shortly after
being discharged he was diagnosed with Parkinson's and progressed rapidly.
He died in his early 50's a few years ago. I was not aware the government
has acknowledged anything relating to Agent Orange and PD but it's good to
know. Thanks.
Regards, Lisa Carper