Dear Margaret:
        This is in answer to your request for an instant reality check. The
answers correspond to the questions and their sequence in your messsage
5-6-96 and my feelings on 5-10 to 5-11-96:
1. 19
2.  0
3.  1
4. 11
5.  3
6. 1-2 hr
7. 40% of the time I refuse to give in, but sometimes I or my  wife persuade
me to be sensible and avoid making a bad day even worse.
8. pain (literally), anger, introspection