Date Mon 13 May 12.30am
Reply to: Steven E. Mayer
Subject: Doses of Pergolide

I have been using Pergolide combined with around 1000mg of Pergolide
for 18 months. Until recently I have used 4 x 250 micro gm per day
and according to my calculations this gave me an additional
'headroom' of about 15 mg/hr of Levodopa. By this ,I mean that I
gained that much extra margin before unpleasant levels of dyskinesia
were encountered. For the last month I have been taking a total of
6 x 250 micro gm Pergolide with again a noticeable improvement in
headroom. Perhaps the best aspect of the drug is that unlike
Levodopa, Pergolide appears to have a long residence time in the
brain, and reduces the sensitivity to meals, which was beginning to
dominate the situation. I am relieved to say that I have not
encountered any side effects at the present dosage levels.

 I sould say that I was diagnosed as having PD 16 years ago, and
have been using levodopa for the past 13 years. I generally expect
to have about 1 to 2 hours Off per day, otherwise I manage fairly
well.

Regards,  Brian Collins  ( [log in to unmask] )