>gilbert doroff wrote:
>>
>> I was diagnosed PD in November '65 (age 70)and prescribed Eldepryl and
>> Symmetrel (amantadine).  Everything worked very well until a few weeks
>> ago I encountered a pronounced swelling of both ankles and feet.  My
>> neurologist says that this is not unusual, that the amantadine
>> frequently has such an effect.  So he cut back on the dosage of that.
>>
>> In reading back messages, I cannot find any previous comments on this
>> condition and wonder  if others have encountered it.
>>
>> Gil Doroff
>> agile9.ix.netcom.com
>
>Gil,
>
>I also have problems with swollen ankles and feet, however  I have
>attributed it to my Glucotrol, a medication I use for a mild case of
>diabetes because  the PDR says that it has an antidiuretic effect.
>
>---Milo  71/7 (Diagnosed 3 yrs ago)
>

>--
>Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.
>Box 417
>Angwin, CA 94508
>
>voice 707 965 2508
>fax   707 965 3148
>e-mail [log in to unmask]

Hi,
If you get any responses please let me know.  I too am having the same
problem with
Sinemet CR but the regular tablets just didn't hold long enough.  There was
too much down time
& the CR tablets seemed to eliminate the problem , until the swelling of the
feet and ankles started.

As Ever,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
--
Internet Communications of America, Inc.