I am a new subscriber.  My husband was diagnosed with PD about 6 yrs ago.
He is now 71.  I am the 24 hour caregiver.

My husband has been under the care of a local neurologist since he was first
diagnosed, and he has also been evaluated at Stanford .5 visits over several
months, and since January, I have been taking him to Loma Linda to the
movement disorder team.

After the PD started, he slowly developed Dementia.  This has become my
biggest problem, since he walks all night, getting into things and generally
making a mess and making lots of noise.  Loma Linda put him on Hydergine,
which has helped his dementia a great deal during the daytime.  He seems to
be a different person, at night, once he has slept even for a very short
period.

The doctors have tried a number of medications to make him sleep, but with
no success.  Some I can remember are Haldol, Zoloft, Risperdal.  He jumps,
yells,
talks loudly, and is in general, worse than he is without the med.

He takes Sinemet 25/100 3 times daily, Hydergine 15 mg daily, Theodur and
Proventil tabs for asthma, B-6, B complex and a banana every night.

I would be interested in any information about patients that have had the
pallidotomy, and if they had previously had sleep disorder, did the surgery
help the sleep problem?

Dona Ballard([log in to unmask])