>> Lisa, I'm sure your father's doctor (or doctors) are aware of all these
possibilities. However, since you and
>> your mother have seen some recent changes, I believe it would be a good
idea to report them to his doctor(s)
>> along with a complete list of all medications used, and the length of
time used, especially since several of
>> the drugs (Sinemet, Eldepryl, and Inderal) can interact with each other.
If your father receives prescriptions
>> from more than one doctor, it's important to be sure that all doctors
know about all the drugs he uses, and any
>> side effects he experiences.
>>
>> Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
>
>A footnote.  Drugs that seemingly do not affect PD (according to the PDR)
>may have a profound effect when combined with other meds.  I have shared
>how strange my husband gets when he takes Lopressor with Sinemet, for
>instance.
>
>The key to understanding if it's the PD or the med is this (for us, at
>least).  Know what normal is for yourself, or for you signficant other.
>If there is a noticeable decline in functioning ability within a short
>period of time after a new drug is started, suspect the drug.  WITH THE
>HELP OF YOUR PHYSICIAN, wean the drug and see if functioning returns; if
>it does, you can bet the drug is to be blamed for the dysfunction.
>
>We recently had this problem with the NSAIDS my husband was taking for
>Gout.  When our Rheumatologist challenged our assertion, we gently
>explained that our observations have proven true in the past.  He now is
>actively working with us to help Jamie maintain function.
>
>Whatever you do, don't accept that "it's the Parkinsons."  Sometimes it
>is, but occasionally (for us at least; my husband takes multiple meds), it
>is not.
>------
>Peace and joy
>Mary Ann

Mary Ann, I went on a crash diet this winter, and came down with gout.
Sence I have had it with drugs, I tried a folk med, extract of black cherry,
capsules available in health food stores. Also drank a lot of water to flush
the system. Gout was gone in 48 hrs.!
                                                        Peace,
                                                                John