Permax gave us quite a time recently; Jeff (45/7) was taking 75 mg Permax
but the neuro told him to increase (the Permax) to 150 mg per day. We began
to notice Jeff becoming increasingly confused and losing concentration
easily. His short-term memory became terrible and he was getting
increasingly 'spacey'. Couldn't remember much one minute to the next and the
fatigue was worse. We started to consider making some permanent
lifestyle/business changes when he called the neuro to report his decline.
The nurse suggested to cut the Permax; that it could cause confusion and
lack of concentration. He's now back down to 85 mgs/day and back to 'normal'
as well. Thank goodness. It really made us think about the issue of side
effects.
Lisa Carper