This morning I read the messaages about the PAN lobbying in DC and was so
inspired by the work of those who atttended the Forum!  The least we back
home can do is to make a few phone calls.

Our local PD support group has already succeded in getting the two Representatives in our area to become co-sponsors, but from the DC reports, it sounds
like one can lobby congresspersons outside one's own district and they will
be responsive.

So, I decided to give it a try this morning.  I called the US Capitol
Switchboard (202-224-3121) and asked for the phone number of John Tanner
- the representative from west TN.  I called his office, asked to speack
to his aid for health affairs, and was put through to Vicki Walling.
Asked her if Tanner had a position on the Udall bill.  She said he was
considering it along with a big stack of other bills, and that they were
familiar with the bill.  It seemed like that was the end of the conversation,
but I asked her if I could tell her why we felt the bill is important.  I
began talking about it, and happended to ask if she knew anyone with
PD.  Turns out her grandmother was a Parkie, died recently, and she helped
care for her.  Everyone in her family contributes to APDA.

At the end of the conversation, she said she would put the Udall bill
at the top of the Congressman's pile, and give him the additional info
that I offered to send her.

I don't know if he'll co-sponsor, but we certainly have made it to first base.
I offer this rather long story as additional evidence that there are
many congresspersons/staffers out there who will be responsive to us if
we just pick up the phone.

Lynn Walker