>I also in the past 2-1/2 years have experienced head pain which started when
>my meds were being reg. in a "rehab" setting (more @ that at a later time).
> I think it is at its worst when PD meds have seemingly stretched it, and
>sometimes Xanax relaxes the tautness. For many more years than  that I have
>been plagued by
>throat/mouth/jaw/neck  pain that seems  to hit me harder on occasion
> recently.
>
>Barbara Blake Krebs

Barbara  --  I am not sure whether I have corresponded with you before or
not. Your description of throat/mouth/jaw pain really struck me. My wife,
76/10+, has had this symptom for about 4 years, and it is probably the mosy
distressing of all of her problems. The literature is silent about such
pain, and it is not supposed to be a part of PD, which is a motor, not a
sensory disorder. BUT this pain does respond to Sinemet and is most likely
to occur in the mid-evening. She takes liquid Tylenol, bur frankly, we
don't know whether that really helps or is just something to do. She does
seem to get some help from Klonopin, a muscle relaxant related to Valium.
This also makes her slepy, so it is a good Rx to take at night. We'd like
to hear more about your experience.
                         Regards,             Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally knowm formally as:
Robert B. Howard
1320 Wisconsin St., Apt. 411
Hudson, WI 5401
CG for Lorraine 76/10+
e-mail <[log in to unmask]>        New address as of 5/3/96
Voice phone: (715) 386-3596
FAX: (715) 386-8589                    Manual reception, requires phone
call.