>        I spent one month in Vietnam in December-January of 1995-96 and
>seemed to run into references to Parkinsons constantly.  Several parents
>of teachers in the unit where I studies were hospitalized on and off
>during that period.  Then I interviewed a martial arts instructor in
>Hanoi who also referred to it several times. It is only an impression, of
>course, not a systematic study, but I would presume that the exposure to
>agricultural chemicals is much higher in Vietnamese society than in many
>societies, and that there may be a link of some sort.  It would be worth
>studying.

A close friend of mine from our young onset group tells me that the Federal
Gov't has finally (I believe this happened about a year ago) acknowledged
the link between high incidence of PD in Vietnam vets and Agent Orange. He
is 50 yrs, and suffered with PD for over 20 yrs, and progressed much more
rapidly than most young onset patients. He is very disabled at this point.
He says he was thoroughly doused with Agent Orange more than once. I believe
there is a class action type of thing going on. I'd think this might account
for the high occurence of PD among the citizens of Vietnam. Sad but true.

Kathie Tollifson