We met with Dr. Sutton at his office at Kaiser in Hollywood. I liked him,
but the words he had re. my mother's condition were not heartening. First
of all the pallidotomy was downplayed; not only is Kaiser not approving
them at this time but he seemed hesitant whether she is a candidate. I am
not certain which was more true.
He did act as a consultant for her regular neuro. He summarized the
situation as this: she has a combination of symptoms, with 3 main ones,
some of which alone are not all that common and all of which together are
not only somewhat rare, but make for a very complicated and difficult
situation. She had extreme rigidity/bradykinesia, dystonia and akathenisia
(sp?)...
She is taking far more sinemet than he has seen, and yet he appreciates the
difficulty in backing off.
At this point I hope that his recommendations will lead to the trial of
some medications used for dystonia first of all.
In the last week by cutting back on the Sinemet CR and using the 25/100's
more, she seems to have less dystonia and more bradykinesia.
The akathenisia, a sensory condition with symptoms like not being able to
stand having anything, including clothing touching her skin, hot and cold
sensations, is something I wonder if anyone else has had any experience,
ideas with.

I read some of the survey notes and must add only that there is an
intensive need for her to move during those times when she has little to no
control over her body.
Also, after she eats especially, she has been having fainting dizzy spells.
This happens extremely quickly and has had some nasty falls.