                As I beliieve I said before this group was more focused from the
moment they arrived. Our current cosponsor total is 35 (including 10 of 16 on
Kassebaum's committee where the bill is assigned) Senators and 128 Congressmen.
At the end of the first day we have appoitments with over 60 Congresssmen and 11
Senators.  Yhe Congressmen are too numerous to list but if you live in GA, TX,
OK or VA a phone call to either of yourSenator's local offices would be helpfull
as visits are scheduled  with both Senators from those states aswell as Gorton
(WA), Ashcroff (MO) and Dole(KS).

An interesting dialogue was reported by Tony Fazio who visited a NY Congressman
with Lupe McCann.  UNEXECPTABLE!  That was Lupe's responce when initially told
that there were too many health related issues for that Congressman to support.
Tony said the whole tone ofthe meeting changed to a more supportive tone.   That
is part of our message, "IT'S UNEXECPTABLE NOT TO PASS THE UDALL BILL"

Mort Kondracke, from the influencial and widely read DC paper Rollcall spoke
(more later the taxi to the Capital is here)