> >I would welcome ALL responses, explanations, suggestions regarding the issue
> >of PD and occupation.
> >
> >Thank you
> >
> >Catherina May
> >Jackson, Michigan
>
> Catherina, I've been asking the same thing!  I am convinced that my PD is
> due to exposure to toxic chemicals used in the boating industry and the
> senmiconductor industry, esp. solvents and resins.  I think the group shoud
> put together a systematic survey of occupation vs PD. There was a similar
> survey done in Sweeden for which I have the references if any one is
> interested.  Although the sample size was small, the statistics show a very
> strong correlation between neurodegenerative diseases such as PD and
> occupation .

John brings up an excellent point.  I'm wondering if someone could
construct a survey that would include all of the potential causative
agents of PD.  We have discussed quite a few of them over the past year -
including Diabetes, chemical exposure and agent orange.  That suvey could
be presented to all newcomers so that ongoing data would be collected.  I
have a felling that such data would be very valuable to the scientific
community.  As I have stated before - spouses or significan others could be
the control group for such a study.
----
Peace and joy
Mary Ann