I subscribed to this listserv about 2 weeks ago when my mom was diagnosed
with PD (she's 72 years old).  We have never had a history of anyone having
PD in our family history.  I print a lot of these messages out for my mom to
read, we are completely green to the facts of PD.
My mom has a question she is wanting answered in real simple terms.  Her
doctor has prescribe sinemet for her.  She wants to know that if she were to
be a mis-diagnosed case, what affect would this drug have on her if she was
taking it and didn't really have PD?
Thanks for your answers and help.........

Cliff

CLIFF'S THOUGHT/JOKE FOR THE WEEK:

Meanwhile, these cyberspace instructions came to This Space from a reliable
source:
     "Hello, welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
      If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
      If you are codependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you
      If you have mutliple personalities, press 3,4,5, and 6.
      If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and we are tracing
the call.
      If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will eventually tell you which
number to press.
      If you are depressive, don't bother pressing a number.  No one will
answer.

Name: Clifton Hartley
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Clifton Hartley)
Date: 05/14/96
Time: 22:42:08

This message was sent by Chameleon