Pseudoephedrine can cause severe problems in certain susceptible persons.
Although never diagnosed as having Parkinsons, I have mild to moderate
autonomic dysfunction and I'm one of those.  Have significant CNS depression
(not mental depression), anxiety, respiratory difficulties, and hypotension.
There seems to be a family history of anecdotal problems with
pseudoephedrine including an aunt who died after a week of reasonable
recovery for open heart surgery.  The only thing different about the day she
died was that the doctors started her on pseudoephedrine because of moderate
hypotension... not an uncommon practice except that I had warned them about
a possible family history.  Continued administration of pseudoephedrine
throughout the day resulted in increasingly profound hypotension resulting
in death later in the day.  Sympathomimetics can be deadly to some people.

Don