To the group:
Whew! Um, I've been swamped with requests for the June newsletter on
water. I hope I haven't misled anyone, the newsletter isn't on PD
specifically--it's on water needs generally. My concern is that many
older adults, particularly those on medications, have increased needs
for water, especially during hot weather. Many deaths occur every summer
among this group, and I've tried to present a compelling case for
drinking extra fluids. As I've probably mentioned, I work with older
adults, and my concern (soapbox?) is for the needs of this group, a
number of whom are diagnosed with PD.

I've also gotten a lot of questions on nutrition, which I will try to
answer. But please be patient. I have committed 10% of my professional
time to volunteer work, part of which I devote to free nutrition
counseling at our local senior center, part of which I devote to
listservs I belong to. I think I bit off more than I can easily chew
this time! However, I will try to answer all questions as best I can.

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD