Re:  Bill and Bobbie Cotter's posting on the Vucanovich letter:

I probably should wait until I fully wake up to post this (well, it's almost 9 am)
but there goes caution.  I've been lurking and responding occasionally for a
month or so, so I have some sense of the concerns of the members.  This is
the classic dilemma of how to balance two confounding problems, and I side
the Vucanovich perspective.  We have discussed the fetal tissue transplant
issue in our family (my father-in-law, 75, has PD) and my wife very strongly
opposes that treatment option.  I have taken a "I'm not sure" attitude for
awhile, but I recently came around to her position.

I am a caregiver, not a patient.  I do not know the agony personally.  For
various reasons, I am quite familiar with the impact of abortion and I strongly
believe that all actions that would encourage, justify, or condone abortions
should be halted.

I do not wish to begin a divisive debate on this excellent and very useful
listserv.  My comments are intended to simply let other members know that
this is a tremendously complex, emotional, and deeply felt issue for me and
for others.  Our family is in a moderate-crisis situation over the effect that PD
is having on everybody.  I wish many things would change, but I know that at
some point lines have to be drawn.

I mean no offense, and feel no anger.  Please understand there are deep
foundations to concerns about the use of fetal tissue.  As one of the members
of the listserv often signs,

Peace,

Keith