Barbara Blake Krebs   [log in to unmask] wrote:  <<<I have started to have a
reaction to my increase use of the mouse, namely pain & weakness in my
neck.  I think the amount of scrolling I do reading the list, copying
certain items into separate files is getting to me.  So I will need to pace
myself more on this activity.  Any suggestions?>>>

The track-ball helps - especially if the positioning of it is close to the
belly.  This means: place it so that your arms are nearly at your side
(elbow directly below shoulder) so that fewest muscles are used.  This may
mean that you must move the keyboard away from the "on yourlap" most
comfortable position when you use the mouse or the trackball.  Programable
trackballs can make things easier but do take more setup.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/