        Frpm PDF Newsletter, Summer '95: On April 20. the Lahey Hitchcock
Clinic in Burlington Mass., transplanted brain cells from a pig embryo into
a man who had had PD for 27 years.  Five other patients were schedulted to
have similar surgery in coming months., following extensive work with animals.
        This techniqaue, is successful, would obviate the necessity to use
human fetal tissue.
        We think this type of resarch would calm the fears of those worrying
over medical ethics.
        I-(Mrs. Gordon)was at a church ladies meeting a couple of years ago
when the speaker said something about this type of research"giving the
elderly a jolt". I might have been the only one in our area who knew what
she was talking about, but friendscould see I was very distressed. As I had
two ladies with me, I could not leave. I spoke to the head of the group
latger and she didn't know what she meant. Anyway these objections need to
be gently corrected.