Patricia,

You wrote:

> My neurologist thinks
>my Sinemet CR may be contributing to my nausea this last week.  I'm still
feeling sick and very
>dizzy/light-headed.

>I hate this stuff(PD), I know---all I can change is my attitude towards it.
> Well, I hate it.  I'm trying but I seem to have a bad attitude.
>Thanks,
>Patricia    59,one year plus

I'm sure you struck a chord with many fellow sufferers on the group with
your comments.  I pondered your comments for some time because it brought
back all the memories of the really bad early days.  Yes, the Nausea IS bad.
It makes you feel really rotten. Coupled with the PD it can really get on
top of you. The dizziness, the light-headedness, I went through all that.
One week it was so bad I went to the hospital because I thought my one
remaining kidney had packed up on me. It was MONTHS before it got better.

But, HANG ON IN THERE ! It DOES get better. The nausea does lessen and,
eventually, it goes away altogether. The body adjusts.  Once through the
early days of drug adjustment things improve.  Keep that in your mind and
get frustrated and angry if those are the feelings but don't get depressed.
Avoid feelings of depression as much as you can.  Easy to say?  I know, but
the people on the group who give you this advice are not your doctor or
neurologist who have not experienced it for themselves but fellow sufferers.
WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.

As for breaking a sinemet CR in half, yes it does interfere with the
sustained release properties and should be avoided normally if it is to be
used in the way for which it was designed .  However, whilst adjusting to
the drug there might have to be a trade off in that you accept a reduced
efficiency of the Sinemet CR and less control of the PD, in order to suffer
less nausea during your adjustment period. There are also drugs you can take
which have been mentioned by others and which you should discuss with your
neurologist. Ginger, (Ginger beer, root ginger, ginger biscuits) can also help.

We know the PD won't go away, but the nausea WILL lessen and the PD should
come more under control.

Best of luck Patricia,

Ernie 53, PD 2.5 yrs
Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])