Forwarded message:
From:   [log in to unmask] (PANNA InfoPubs)
To:     [log in to unmask] (Recipients of conference)
Date: 96-05-07 17:10:58 EDT

            =====================================
                         P A N U P S
                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #78

May 7, 1996

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.
                         ***

*Pesticides and Breast Cancer, April 1996.* Caroline Cox.
Examines evidence linking organochlorine pesticide
contamination in the environment to rising rates of breast
cancer. Recommends banning organochlorine pesticides
globally, due to recent studies reporting worldwide
distribution and long term persistence of organochlorines
such as DDT. Emphasizes prevention of breast cancer by
reducing pesticide use and thus exposure to pesticides.
Includes list of currently used pesticides linked with breast
cancer. 8 pgs. US$2. Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to
Pesticides, PO Box 1393, Eugene, OR 97440; phone (541) 344-
5044; fax (541) 344-6923; email [log in to unmask]

*The Green Guide, No. 22, March 21, 1996.* Mothers and Others
for a Livable Planet. Consumer guide with focus on one
environmental and/or health issue as related to household
products. Each issue devoted to central theme, organic cotton
theme for March issue, with news updates, articles, resources
list and advertisements for environmentally based businesses.
Subscriptions consist of 15 issues, $25. Mothers and Other
for a Livable Planet, 40 West St., New York, NY 10011; phone
(701) 859-3002.

*Alternatives Success Records and Pesticide Incident
Records.* Beyond Pesticides. Recently initiated project seeks
reports of pesticide poisonings and successful pest
management solutions for purpose of compiling national
database to aid in implementing national and local pesticide
reforms. Please contact NCAMP with related information or
reports of pesticide injury. Beyond Pesticides, NCAMP, 701 E
Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003; phone (202) 543-5450; email

*Methyl Bromide Alternatives, Vol. 2 No.1, January 1996.*
U.S. Department of Agricultural (USDA), Agricultural Research
Service (ARS). Monthly publication provides updates on
research for methyl bromide alternatives from perspectives of
USDA, universities and industry. March issue contains
selected reports from the Second Annual International
Research Conference on Methyl Bromide Alternatives and
Emissions Reduction. Discusses use of irradiation,
biotechnology, soil solarization and metam sodium use as
alternatives to methyl bromide. No charge. Doris Stanley,
USDA, ARS, Information Staff, 6303 Ivy Lane, Room 444,
Greenbelt, MD 20770; phone (301) 504-5321; fax (301) 504-
5987.

*11th International Conference on Organic Agriculture, August
11-15, 1996, and the First Organic World Exhibition, August
10-13.* Sponsored by International Federation of Organic
Agriculture Movements, Danish Ministry of Agriculture and
Danish Ministry of Environment and Energy. Conference will
address new research on organic farming methods, policies
designed to encourage conversion to organic practices and
relationship of organic agriculture to solving world hunger
problems. Organic agriculture exhibition will feature a
global selection of products, projects and organizations.
ifoam'96, Blegdamsvej 4, DK-2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark; phone
(45 3537-2096); fax (45 3537-4096); email

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associates Adam Kirshner or Gina Schilling for further
information.