Dear Suzanne,

It appears we're connected.  I received both of your messages from Friday
(5/17).

While I've heard some about the sensor surgery, I would welcome any
information you get about the doctor in Kansas City.  My principal problem
is with tremors and it sounds like it would be tailor made for yours truly.

The options you're exploring, including the technique involving man's best
friend, can keep one's hopes up.  Speaking of hope, I know it must be
difficult for you to deal simultaneously with your PD and your husband's
condition.  I happened across something this morning that helped me in this
regard.  It's from the I Ching, the Chinese book of changes.  It said we
should abandon our quest for comprehensive answers to the meaning of life
and not try to get from A to Z, but content ourselves with first getting
from A to B, then B to C and so on.  And, if we do it this way, we'll be led
gently along the way.  I've always had a burning desire to know the
parameters of everything and I'm beginning to realize that this is just a
case of my ego not wanting to accept that it didn't design the "grand plan."
I'm sure your celestial phone line is working perfectly as is mine (I just
have to do a better job of listening).

Life in Montana remains pretty pleasant.  I spend as much time as possible
fishing on the Missouri River.  Last weekend I took a boat trip with a
friend, who is a professional river guide.  For some reason, my tremor was
absolutely unmanageable during the four hours we were on the river.  As a
consequence, my fly fishing was pretty herky-jerky.  My friend noted that
the technique of jerking the line around the water was unusual and thought
it might in fact attract the fish, but not so.  I intend to try again later
today.

Do keep me in mind if you come across more information on the Kansas City
doctor and have a good appointment with Dr. K in June.

George