>From: Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FOR SINEMET-CR USERS ONLY!!!!
>To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
>
>II would like to carry on this dialogue, but perhaps on a 1-to-1
>basis ? I may be boring most of you by now!
>
>Regards,  Brian Collins

No, at least I don't think you are boring those of use who take Sinemet CR.
In the beginning, when I first started taking CR, I experienced the nausea which
is happening to Patricia.  I found out, through trial and error, to break
them in half.
--its already scored, as someone pointed out, but I take both halves on an
empty stomach. (SINEMET 50/200) This give me a jump start--which I need to
face the
day and not feel sorry for myself!!  A problem I still fight!!!!!
I take both CR halves just before leaving to go to work and I stop at
McDonalds for breakfast. .
That gets me through till about 1.  I try to eat my lunch between 1:15 and 1:30
each day, unless meetings make it impossible. I have also found out that if I
drink some V-8 juice and take a half of CR, when lunch will be delayed, I'll
be okay.
Since I have never smoked, and most people do, I just make a joke about being
a V-8 Junkie,  they never see me take the Sinenet CR, and I'm not away from
a meeting as long as someone who smokes!!!!!!!
With dinner I take the last half.
 I don't know if the Sinemet CR is really masking my symptoms or if I'm
 really doing better. My Neurologist,who trained at Mayo Clinic,
 and the Head of the Dept. of Neurology at the Univ.of Miami, both told me that
 each individual reacts in a totally different way to these
medications and it was up to me to get them regulated.  No one else could do
it for me.

I did however, have a horrible reaction to Eldepryl and had to quit taking it.
Seemed to me that it took a good 6 weeks to rid myself of the Eldepryl.
I got a bad rash and before it was over, my skin, which is very light and
fragile
by nature, came off in sheets!!!  From what I have read since, I think I was at
the toxic overdose stage with Eldepryl.
Has anyone else experienced this?
 Strange how things work out isn't it.  I tripped on some cobblestones in the
patio at the library. Downtown Fort Lauderdale should be called cobblestone
city!
So I was recuperating from the fall and didn't have to face the public with the
rash  and my ears, nose, eyelids, lips all flaky.   I looked as if I had a bad
hair day all over my body, but especially my face!!!!
I KNOW all of these pills have side-effects, but aren't we lucky to have so
MANY?
What do you suppose people did 75 years ago before all this new medication.
Or has Sinemet been in existance that long?
Got to get busy, I'm making a Famly Album Quilt for my Family Reunion
in Littleton, Co. in June!!!!

The weather here is perfect! Too bad I have to stay inside!!!
Blessings to all,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
just another librarain
Internet Communications of America, Inc.