At 09:32 PM 5/17/96 -0400, John McCabe wrote:
>I have been turned down for Long Term Care Insurance by both Travelers and
>John Handcock Insurance companies as I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's.
>I am 57 and was diagnosed 6 years ago.

John:

Although I had a "Long Term Disability" policy through Northwestern Mutual,
it was for a small sum and a limited period of time.  I sought to upgrade
the policy before my pd diagnosis was confirmed, but just the preliminary
diagnosis by my family doctor was sufficient for NM to reject by application.

This should be a lesson to all - as soon as you feel something isn't right,
obtain/maximise your health/disability insurance - BEFORE A DIAGNOSIS IS
WRITTEN IN YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY.  I realize that this warning is too late
for 99% of us -(if you haven't been diagnosed, why are you reading this?)
but maybe someone will benefit.

Hang in there,

Charlie
Charlie Anjard; Lancaster, PA, USA;  47/6