Dear Jacklyn-- I can't offer help re: Canadian resources, though I hope
others will be able to.  MY thought about your mother's "denial" was
sparked by your mention that she has a heart condition. I wonder if you could
talk with her doctor, and get him/her to insist that mother have help caring
for father, so that she can_survive_to be there for him? Perhaps doing it
for HIM and not for herself would be more acceptable?  As it seems her
objections are based on feelings rather than reality, is there any way you
can get through to her on that level, by recognizing her feelings and gently
leading her to new conclusions? Easier said than done! I hope you get some
good help from fellow Canadians--
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/6+ Oxford,OH