Thanks you all so much for your messages of good wishes.  Your prayers
carried me through my (left side) Pallidotomy last week in Toronto.

The op was on Monday,  we returned back to NJ on Friday.

As I go through the healing process and begin to regain my composure,  I will
document the process in greater detail but for the moment my first
observations are:

Operation day Monday
Day 2:  Tuesday: overall conditions not to bad
Day 3 and 4  Wednesday and Thursday:  conditions bad    could not walk   had
to use the wheelchair    VERY DISCOURAGED
Day 5 Friday   conditions in the A>M> started off in frozen condition and had
to wheelchair for Dr. Lozano evaluation visit.  But immediately afterwards I
was able to manage comfortably for the three hour bus trip from Toronto to
Buffalo where we picked up rental car for drive back to NJ.  I was in good
walking condition so we made a 2 1/2 hours drive stopped for the night at
7:30
Day 6 Saturday   For the first time in years I was comfortable in the car so
we started our drive at 10AM  stopped twice  and arrived in NJ at 5:PM
Day 7 Sunday    Had a great day (no pains  no freezing  and good gait)  with
many friends visiting   but broke down at about 9PM with bad pain and tremor
on my left side.
VERY DISCOURAGED

However,
a) NO CRAMPING in EITHER leg, feet or toes
b) some early day and more severe late night pain in my LEFT leg (thigh and
calf)
c) some tremor along with  (b)  on left side
d) some freezing on both sides during  early morning and late night
e) occassional slurred speech and misspoken words

During the final evaluation consult with the surgeon, his explanation for the
continued stiffness and freezing was due to "too little" Sinemet.  So, we
added one more 25/100 to the OJ mix.

After 12 years of this, Im unable to fathom the daily inconsistencies of the
same dosages of the same meds.  Its almost like an Edie Gormy song:
  Did I take too much
  Did I take too few
  Did I eat too soon or eat too late or eat too much

  Was it wrong to hope for miracles
  Was it wrong to want no pain
  Should I let a man I hardly knew dig deeply in my brain
  In my heart  it was the right thing to do
  So I'll wait to heal and dream of things I have to gain

to be continued

Joyce