>If you gave a normal person  levodopa would he develop  schizophrenia?

 According to the University of Miami and my Neurologist in Sunrise,
Florida---No.
If there is nothing wrong with your Substantia Nigra your brain will not
absorb Sinemet.

I had asked the same thing, as I had 2 different Neurologist treat me and
almost kill me
with one dose of mysoline, 50 mg. and at an earlier time, Tedretol.200 mg.
which they started out
very slowly, but before I reached full strength I couldn't get out of bed,
retained urine for 16 to 20 hours
at a time and lost all my skin, just as I did with Eldepryl.

In fact, I refused to take the Sinemet 25/100 for 3 days, as I JUST KNEW it
was going to do the same
thing again!!!!

WRONG!!!! I felt after about 1.5 hours, so euphoric, I wanted to kick myself
for waiting so long to take
it.  The only thing--the 25/100 did a spin, crash and burn with me if I
don't get them taken on time.
That was why they switched me over to Sinemet CR.  My neurologist up here
said CR's had a tendency
to be unstable ,but the Head of Neurology at the Un. of Miami said it was an
individual thing---Boy, was
he right.

I feel very fortunate that I live in Florida as we have some of the best
Doctors in the World here.
Our weather attracts them!!!

However, I'm speaking of a 5 year span of time here, and when I get to
feeling sorry for myself,
I wish I could have developed something that the Doctors REALLY understand!!!!!
Its not that they don't know--its just that they have no idea how it will
react individually.

Prayer of the Sioux Indian:

"Great Spirit, help me never to judge another
until I have wallked two weeks in his moccasins"

Blessings to all,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
just another librarain
Internet Communications of America, Inc.