 Hein ten Bosch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Who am I to try and find somebody else with that problem. I suggest that
> anybody
>reacting to anybody else's statement/message with a direct hurray, consent
> and
>such, does that not to the list but to that person's mailbox.
>I see  45 messages a day announcement of which 60 percent is just telling
>somebody else he or she or it is cute, or right or fantastic.

It's hard to balance the needs of all on the list -- be they the need for
emotional support or the need for logistical help.  Some have small hard drives
and want people to be concise in their posts.  Others don't want to read every
"way to go" comment.  I don't like to do all the editing required to send the
list to my father in hard copy (gotta save paper and postage, after all).

It's been asked before and it's worth asking again, please try to be
considerate!  Please edit down the text you quote to a minimum.  And don't send
something to the list that belongs in a personal mailbox.  "Way to go" messages
are debatable, but there was really no reason on earth for the whole list to
get all those requests for reprints of the article on nutrition that appeared
last week -- and each of those requests included quoted text from the original
post.  A direct request should go directly to the person you're reqaesting
from.

Off the soap box.