I probably should not post today as I'm feeling quite ill.
However, when a caregiver, who obviously doesn't know
how to download to a disk to save his hard drive, complaints
to "Big Mama" that we should all take it easy and then we
are told to use the Digest---It makes me MAD!!!!!!
I am a PD Patient!!!!  That Digest I downloaded made NO SENSE
Whatever!!!!!  Besides that it was all for the 96/03/27-----3 .5 pages of it!!!!
 Personally I have 2 hard drives,
a 270, which I use most of the time, and a 1.2 GB hard drive which
has W95, my HP 4Cjetscan scanner, Microsoft Access and Visual
Basics on it.  I found W95 incompatable with my a lot of my favorite
software.  My 270 still has about 1/2 of it empty as I download all
files to a disk!!! Yes, it's possible to delete on a disk, and use the
same disk for quite awhile!  Just make up a disk for PD, Family, or
whatever. Put in a Temp. directory to sort your mail & if you have
your Computer Configed correctly it will clean out Temp Directories
everytime you either close out or log on, depending on how it's configed!

There are many PD Patients on here who are unable physically to
answer in anyway except to hit the reply button. I feel that there probably
are many caretakers who are in the same position. I feel that a Caretake
has their hands full anyway.  I KNOW a PD Patient has a full plate!!!!
 The Network Administrator, I'm sure realizes that or they wouldn't have it set
to reply to the ENTIRE GROUP.  It really wouldn't take too much
programming, to ask if you want to reply to the individual or post to
the whole group.  I know this is true, as I'm on several Listserves ,
who do, indeed, give you your choice when you hit the Reply Button.
As far as using your Digest, maybe I can't get on the one you refer to,
after all, all ISP (Internet Service Providers) aren't created equal. Some
don't subscribe to ALL things, only part!!!

So my suggestion is---Have the Network Administrator reprogram the
Reply button---give us a choice if we want to reply to the individual or to
the whole group.  Then those  of you who are worried about your hard drive
learn to download to a disk!!!!!!
If you don't know how call your ISP.  You're paying for Tech Services
even if you use them or not!!!

Hope next week is better for all of us, especially since we all got a message
from someone who made my Mail Index have a big purple (^) in it instead
of a name.  Really thought for a minute that God had finally rec'd an email
address!!!!!!

Blessings to all,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
just another librarain
Internet Communications of America, Inc.