Barbara Jarjoura wrote:

> >To the group,
> >I hope as many of you as possible can find time to reply to this
> >question. A client with PD has asked me about exercise. He used to run
> >regularly, now walks as much as possible and wants to know if it's safe.
> >While I applaud his efforts, I explained that I cannot advise in this
> >area as I have no professional expertise outside nutrition. I suggested
> >he speak to his doctor or an exercise physiologist. He replied that his
> >doctor offered no help.
> >
> >Do any of you have comments, thoughts, experience or advice? I'm coming
> >to believe that I can get better information from this list than from
> >local professionals. In fact, I now advise clients with PD to join the
> >list if they have a computer.
> >Thanks for any help--
> >--
> >Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
> >Editor-in-Chief,
> >"Spotlight on Food--nutrition news for people 60-plus"
> >Tel: 970-493-6532   Fax: 970-493-6538
> >http://www.fortnet.org/~fivstar
> >Contact  Better Business Bureau of the Mountain States,
> >

> Kathrynne,
>
>         Exercise is extremely important.  Walking is the best exercise.
> Tell your patient that he should continue to walk as much as possible.
> Fuad's neuro says that walking is the best therapy for both PD and stroke.
> (Fuad has both)
>
> Barb cg for Fuad PD dx3+
> Barbara

Mind over matter...i find that "my buddy" has given me a very complicated
puzzle to  work with each day. as all of us know ..if you let it, it can
scare the hell out of you.
i have always done my own house work. I have extensive interest in
gardening. my husband with a traveling job caused me to assume the
responsibility for the care of our 4 children and all that goes with the
title of wife and mother. All the above i love encluding painting and
renovating and a host of other activities. I will admit for the first 3
years PD, had me going.
 Now I find that if I think positive and it is hard as we are all
different and my future may change, keep my medicine routine and rest and
try not to let stress get me i can do what i want. I also want to impress
the importance in believing in the higher power, God and his great love
for us and the strength his care gives us.
I challanged myself, a test if you will, to see what would happen after I
finally found out what was wrong...to take minutes for a large
organization... to do public speaking and use the computer, all of this
has made a great impression on me as I succeed.
Yes exercise, it is very important and each of us need to do it everyday
and mental exercise is an important key. Recently I was preoccupied with
a concern so I took to my garden to weed ,etc. As i was walking back in
to the house i realized i felt better mentally and physically. The power
of our mind can improve things for us by not letting negative acts or
oponions influence us. Some times this feels' impossible.
Some of the power I addressed I received from you who have shared your
information about your journey, making my journey enlightened.
I am most respectful of the journey i share with you. There is something
special.....not wanted....but special...
I will celebrate my 57 birthday this year and my 8th with PD.
Stephanie Rose McCall Dorsch