I haven't had any experience with the electromagnetic coils,
but I wondered vaguely a couple of times if the class I once
took in "Therapeutic Touch" could have been what caused my PD.  In that class
we rubbed one palm against the other in a circular motion until we got a
warm, round, electric 'field', then we would place one hand on each side of
our own head or our class partner's head and FEEL the electricity.  Once I
did it over my husband's leg and felt a 'cold' spot on his knee.  I mentioned
it to him and he said he had wounded his knee playing basketball in college.
 Go figure.