                                 RTK.NET Mail 156264   May 22 22:16:47 1996

In a conversation with Michael Claeys of PAN today, I learned that Dan Coats,
another member of the Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee, just
signed on as a cosponsor.  Reportedly, he still has concerns about fetal
tissue research, so it will still be important for people (especially
constituents) to thank him for his support of the Udall Bill.

We have VERY strong support in this committee now, but unfortunately the
chair (Kassebaum) gets to decide what does or doesn't get on the agenda.  This

would be a good time for Kansans to ask Senator Kassebaum to schedule a
vote or hearings on the Udall bill as soon as possible.  Constituents with
Senators on this committee should ask them to cosponsor if they aren't already

signed on and to ask Kassebaum to get the Udall bill moving.  It's clear
that we have the votes to get the bill out of this committee IF it gets
brought to a vote before it's too late for the bill to get before both
houses.

Thanks to all who contacted Dan Coats and other legislators, especially
Nicki Gall, the PAN forum attendee from Indiana who scheduled the meeting
with Coats Legislative Assistant, and to Jim Cordy, who took the lead in
making the presentation.

Good work!

Sherri