Hi Jackie.  I can relate.  My father is esperiencing many of the
problems you mentioned your dad was having.  The people on this list
have offered some very practical coping tips which I have been passing
on to both my mother and father.  I think my biggest job is to help
my family, particularly my parents, to deal with PD related problems
like incontinence without getting all "hot and bothered."  I keep
pointing out that many people deal with PD, deal with it at a far
younger age and therefore are much less mobile than my father, that we
don't have to make it a big deal, etc.  I particularly don't want my
father to surrender to his depression and I keep telling him he's
going to feel a little more in contact now that he's started sinemet.
It's tough though.  Today he got confused at the grocery check-out and
I had to write the amount out for him which just embarrassed the hell
out of him.  It would be so much easier on him to just use his debit
card but my mother doesn't want to pay the fees!  I am going to
put it to her that avoiding situations which could be too challenging
for my father and avoiding the resultant loss in self-esteem from
failure are worth the fee!  I'm self-employed and so I'm able to
be available -- usually -- when they need practical help but its
hard to get my busy brothers and sisters to take the time to just BE
with my father.  He needs their loving presence even more than he
needs the daily adl support.
Here's hoping you find the same outlet for your concerns and frustrations
I've found on this list.
HMK