Yesterday, Jim Cordy announced:

>Date:    Wed, 22 May 1996 18:25:40 -0400
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Back to Washington

BACK TO WASHINGTON

For those of you who thought you missed all the fun, we are going to do it
again.  On
June 18 and 19, those of us who can make it are going to Washington
D.C. "Return to Washington" is a cooperative effort with
representatives from APDA, PAN, NPF and PDF invited to participate.
Details in a few days, but if you want to help pass the Udall Bill,
this is your chance to make a real contribution

You also read an inspirational letter to Congressman Smith from Ken Aidekman.
 There have been letters copied to this listserver over the last few months
that show we are making a difference in Washington.  The Congress hears a
growing roar as more parkinsonians, their carepartners, children, friends are
making the right noise.  I hear that some very prominent doctors who have
given only lip service in the past to the Udall Bill are now finding they
need to get with it beyond the lip.

Ladies and gentleman, it will happen.  We will get better research funding
and it will be this year.  There is a new opportunity for each of us,  An
opportunityfor each of us to participate in this final push.  I say it is an
opportunity because without this opportunity, the final push may fail.  I am
talking about assisting financially someone from your area to attend or
assisting financially to assure the right people are there to represent our
cause.

I think it is time to "belly up to the bar" and pay our dues.  To get money,
you have to spend money.  Now is the time to spend money.  How can you help?
 Send checks with a lot of zeros on them to PAN.  Here is there address:

Parkinson Action Network
822 College Avenue Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

707-544-1994
707-544-2637 FAX

Email: [log in to unmask]

I do not know if PAN has the ability to receive donations via Email or to
accept donations by phone, but someone will answer that question. Please
correct the above information if necessary.

There were about 40 people there earlier this month.  They started the change
let us not see it stop until completed.  Attend the conference if you can.
 You are important.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to tell your children and
grandchildren that you were part of this great cause to rid PD.  You were
there because you reached deep into those pockets and found some money to
share the costs.  Please go if you can, send someone in your place is the
second best solution, and thirdly lets make sure the right people are there
in June.  Support the cause with financial donations.

God bless all of you,
Alan and Jane Bonander

PS: I will be in Providence, RI for the weekend to see my son get a masters
degree from Brown U.  Please work with Jim Cordy and PAN to assure a bright
future for our children.