>    "The panel members considered and rejected the view that a human
> embryo has rights that completely prohibit its use in research. To those
> who argue that an embryo is a human being from the moment of conception,
> the panel responded that no single trait or property is present at
> conception that suffices to confer personhood, and thus rights, on the
> embryo.
>     This view is persuasive. All human life begins at conception, but
> many embryos do not implant, and even among those that do, many
> spontaneously abort. Whatever shifts occur in the moral equation at
> conception, it is not self-evident that that biologic event is of such
> moral importance that it should cause all human embryos to be placed
> outside the realm of research."

Just a note of caution.  In terms of human development, an embryo is less
than 2 months gestational age.  I'm not sure that fetal cells can be
harvested from such small beings.  I would appreciate of synopsis of
when and how fetal cells for transplant are obtained.  My understanding
is that surgical abortion is a requirement for the harvesting of viable
neurological tissue.

As an aside, no one has mentioned the danger of contracting diseases from
such tissue transplants.  I have also understood that an effort is being
made to grow neurological tissue under laboratory conditions in effort to
avoid the transmission of infectious and genetic diseases.  Once again, I
would appreciate an explanation of research being done in this area.
------
Regards
Mary Ann