Margaret Mates: In reply to your question about the availabilty of Long Term
Care for Teachers with diagnosed PD(in Cakifornia) from TIAA-CREF--I have
myself as an example. I applied about two years ago but was turned down
flat, in a nice enough manner. I have not tried again. I verified that a
second application would not receive a more favorable decision.
        But, what have you got to lose by retrieving your application from
the waste basket, iron it if it is crumpled and send it. Your physian may
have written a more optimistic letter. Or, do you know someone whose
professional qualifications and writing ability might improve your chances.
        Good luck and keep up your courage.

        Steven Mayer; [log in to unmask] I am 67; PD since
about 1991; diagnosed and began treatment in 1992; responded faily well to
Sinemet and pergolide. Freezing, calf and thigh pain and low back pain are
the worst symptoms; virtually mo tremors, g.i. symptoms.