Camilla, I too watched the fascinating show, and wondered the same
thing. As I understand it, the BBB is not as impenetrable as they
implied (e.g., levodopa gets through, as do all needed nutrients, but
dopamine doesn't). I think it has something to do with the size of
the molecules, and whether they are fat-soluble or water-soluble.
BTW, carboplatin, like other chemotherapy drugs, is basically a
powerful poison which is dosed on the borderline between killing
the tumor and killing the patient, and usually accompanied by
severe side effects which the show didn't mention.
Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road