Just a reminder that although we no longer can search our archives,
there is a site on the WWW that contains some of the wit and wisdom
that has passed through this listserv since Nov 93.  The URL is:

    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PD_Digest

For those new to this list, it is the closest thing we have to a FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions).

The site is currently being updated to reflect the recent focus on
the Udall bill.  In particular, it now contains a list of all
members of Congress (sorted by state), with each member's status re
consponsorship.  If you are wondering what to do about the Udall
bill, check it out.

The congressional list contains telephone numbers, key committee
assignments, and e-mail addresses.  You can even e-mail directly from
the page if your browser supports it.

It also has links to each member's web site (they ALL have one).  The
generic web design used by Representatives contains links to past
legislation they've sponsored or cosponsored, which may be useful.
(Senators' pages seem to be more glitzy and less informative).

There is much more information on the web site re the Udall bill,
including the text of the bill itself, and Jim Cordy's excellent
recent posting explaining exactly why congress should support this
bill.

But please don't think that the web site is limited to the Udall
bill; the site reflects the amazing variety of topics and concerns
that have been discussed over the past few years.   You may find an
answer to a question that has been troubling you.