During my post Pallid. consult with DR. STANLEY FAHN,  Dir of Research and
Development, PDF,  I asked him about the list discussion of breaking CR
pills.

as closely as possible  "YES, YOU CAN SCORE A 50/200 CR TABLET   BUT  NOT
THE LOWER DOSAGES"  When I asked for an explanation why you cant score a
smaller dose tab he said that it was "DUE TO THE SURFACE EFFECT"   Again I
questioned and he explained that the surface area dilutes faster than the
middle and when you break a tab you eliminate 1/2 of the surface area needed
for the pill to be effective.

I hope that answers some of you tecniqees questions.  Its the best I could
do.

Joyce