Dear Listmembers,

Pardon me while I address a message to our Southern California members.
Since they can't be identified by e-mail addresses, this is the only way I
know how to reach them.

Dear Southern Californians,

On Memorial Weekend, the plan is to visit every single congressperson's
district office.  Using PAN's divide & conquer approach, each delegation
should probably have at least two people:  one nervy enough to  give the
short spiel (reading from Carol Walton's outline would  be fine) plus
someone who actually lives and votes in that district and who can pull some
heartstrings with a personal story.  Ideally there would be four or five
voters tagging along, armed with a signed petition and a collection of
letters.

There are 30 districts between Santa Barbara and the Mexican border.

Eight districts are already "won" as co-sponsors.  Visits would  still be a
neighborly thing to do, to give thanks and encouragement.

But that  leaves  22 more who need to hear from us.  Delegations have been
blossoming in the last week, so that seven are ready to roar, and another
nine are taking shape.  That brings us down to six where our contacts are
bashful about returning phone calls.  Is there anyone out there on the 'net
who  lives in any of the following districts, or knows of some reliable
good sport  who does?

District 35: South Central Los Angeles, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Gardena
Rep. Maxine Waters
10124 S. Broadway #1, LA, CA 90003
213/757-8900

District 37:  S. LA County, Compton, Carson
Rep. Juanita Millender-McDonald
1 Civic Plaza, Suite 650, Carson, CA  90745
310/549-0537

District 40: San Bernadino County, Redlands
Jerry Lewis (different guy, not the Nutty Professor) MEMBER OF THE
APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE
1150 Brookside Ave., Suite J5, Redlands, CA  92373
909/862-6030

District 41:  parts of Orance, LA and San Bernadino counties
Jay C. Kim
1131 W. 6th St. #160-A, Ontario, CA  91762
909/988-1055

District 42:  San Bernadino
George Brown, Jr.
657 La Cadena Dr., Colton, CA  92324
909/825-2472

District 43: Riverside County -- western suburbs
Ken Calvert
3400 Central Ave., Suite 200, Riverside, CA  92506
909/784-4300

If you volunteer to help, be assured that you won't be sent out alone
unless you want to be.  Either I'll go along or find someone who will.  Any
warm body who can still vote and is living and breathing  in those
districts will be a help  (reminiscent of legends of Chicago voters??).
Seriously,  it won't take long, it will  be interesting and fun and
effective.  The best day will probably be this Friday, May 24.

Please call me or PAN if you can make a visit, or if you  can refer us to
someone who can.

PAN:  1/800-850-4726

Thank you (and thanks, listmembers, for the net-time),

Mary Yost
310/824-7416