John -- you write:
> The vegetable protein is Naturade with 23 grams of protein and 3 grams of carbohydrates per 2 rounded tablespoons. The protein source is: pea
protein isolate, rice protein, potato protein isolate (or potatoe if you
are from Nebraska), sesame protein, barley protein, and spirulina.

> IMPORTANT NOTE:  I'm going to switch back to the smoothie (cup and half oj, 2 rounded tablespoons of veg protein, and 2 tbl. sp. flax in a
blender) at 7 am, AT LEAST 1/2 hour after Sinemet and Eldipril. The
smoothie is really nice tasting. Is this enough head start for the
Sinemet?  Oh yes, the reason for the flax is I happen to have it around
and I wanted to use it up. In closing, thanks for the input and if you
>feel that this info may be useful to the list, please post.
>                                           Yes, I've seen enough posts to believe others may be interested in your
question. I have a couple of points:
1) yes, that's a fair amount of protein, and I think you're wise to take
the sinemet first. Thirty minutes should be adequate for the sinemet to
leave the stomach, but--our digestive systems can change over time, so I
wouldn't be alarmed if it takes longer.

2) I think the group might be interested in your smoothie. A
pleasant-tasting drink that provides good=quality protein is of
importance to many with PD, and you may be making a valuable
contribution here! But besides that, I thought I'd point out the value
of flax, for any who may not have heard of it. Flaxseed contains
lignins, a plant fiber that appears to lower the risk of breast, colon,
and prostate cancer.  Besides that, it is an excellent source of omega-3
fatty acids (same as in fish oil) which helps prevent platelet clumping
and plaque buildup in the arteries. Finally (where will it end!) taken
in sufficient quantity its high percent of soluble fiber may lower both
total and LDL cholesterol. For recipes and more information, call Flax
Council of Canada at 1-800-817-9894.
Best regards,
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD