Well, Marvin, you've done it again--put into words some of the feelings
that ring true for so many.  It is hard to be the object of curiosity,
even of concern , from strangers, and we who are CGs need to be aware of
this. I find it so easy to "wish" that Peter could do more things with me
now, and your post reminded me that his perspective  on socializing is not
mine. It really bothers him that he has trouble communicating, due to voice
problems and memory.  Thanks for another "sensitivity lesson" , and hey, go on
out there and "knock em' dead", as the saying goes.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/6+ Oxford,OH