comments on "clips" of several messages:
<<<my question is which proteins are most likely to compete with
Carbidopa/Ldopa for the "carriers" in our bloodstream, when we factor in
such factors as the
digestion times, the amino acids obtained and the recombinations required?
If there is any interest, I will tabulate the amino acid content of some of
these proteins.   Maybe gelatin is good and casein is bad ?  Patrick J.
Martin..... Might shed some light on which proteins are safest to eat and
still maintain a somewhat predictable response to meds. Kathie Tollifson>>>
<<<I was wondering that myself, and have been curious as to why some people
have experienced reactions from milk. Milk has only 8 grams of protein
per 8 oz glass, and 12 grams carbohydrate. Whereas a 3-1/2 oz portion of
meat has about 24 grams of protein. I could easily understand meat
interfering, but was at a loss to explain the milk.
I just received "Good Nutrition in PD" from Susan Reese. I find that the
aminos in question appear to be the large neutrals. Much to my surprise, I
find that 8 oz of milk contain about half the LNAAs of a portion of lean
ham, and about 1/3-1/2 the LNAAs of a serving of beef.
So--though the meat serving has about 3 times as much protein as a glass of
milk, the milk has proportionately more of the LNAAs. Kathrynne Holden>>>

Interesting.  I am wondering still if the category "milk" is not specific
enough.  There is knowledge that fat  is digestively in the stomach
longest, protein next.  How much of the "milk problem of interference" is
digestive residence metabolic loss (= digestion) of the levodopa while held
in the stomach?

In other words, is the major loss in the stomach or in the LNAA absorption
from the small intestine?  I suppose the levodopa percentage leaving the
stomach could be much dependent upon the individual's digestive modus
operandi.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/