Hi,
I don't have PD.  I joined this list because I'm a graduate student with
an interest in PD.  However, I do have a mild case of cerebral
palsy(CP).  Basically, the CP makes me slower & clumsier than the average
person.  There are many exercises I'd probably enjoy, but can't do.
For instance, I can no longer swim or bike.  However, at the
Recreation center here at IU, I go to deep water fitness.  We wear
floatation belts & gloves & do exercises such as jumping jacks, or
cross country ski moves in the water. Exercises are non-impact &
effectiveness is from water resistance.
I certainly can't keep up with the other participants, but who cares?
The floatation belt company provided booklets which describe exercises &
warm-up, strength, aerobic, cool down.  The exercise method was developed
for injured athletes.  The method is recommended for anyone, injured,
disabled or not.  I'm not affiliated with the company; I'm an
enthusiast.  It's my understanding that float belts, etc are available at
sporting goods stores.  For info about the brand we use & about the booklet
AquaJogger Water Workout Gear
Excel Sport Science INC
PO Bx 5612
Eugene, OR 97405
(503)484-2454
Fax (503)484-0501
Surely exercises can be adapted to individual needs while keeping the
benefits of non-impact & bouyancy.
Hope someone on this list can benefit.
Kim Russell