Hello from lobster-land!

I know, I know, I promised more news on the Maine Democratic Convention...but
first, about Sinemet CR.

I have been following the Sinemet CR discussion that Alan Bonander and others
are contributing to, and figure I might as well throw in my two cents'
worth.....

I have found that Sinemet CR 25-100 works quite well much of the time during
the day for me, as long as I VIGILANTLY watch the clock.

When 2 and 1/2 hours have passed  from the time I took  my preceding dose, I
CHEW a1/2 (if I am a little bit underdosed) or a 1/3(if I feel just about
perfectly "on") of a Sinemet 25/100 (yellow) along with  swallowing a whole
Sinemet 25/100 CR (salmon).

  This use of a  CHEWED UP  partial yellow pill allows me to get a quick
boost of L-dopa, heading its merry way towards my blood-brain barrier, before
the previous 25/100 CR is totaly used up.

THIS WAY, I avoid the valley of bradykinesia between CR doses, that I
otherwise would experience.

I call this period of tring to maintain a comfortable level of circulating
dopamine, as one CR is running out and another one has yet to wear on, the
"crossover period."

I cannot take a 50/200 CR (light coffee -colored)without mid-dose dyskinesia.

A  half-tablet 50/200 CR (snapped  on the crease) works a bit less
predictably than the 25/100 CR.  The crossovers are more erratic, and the
wearing on time can be slower.

I think that we all have to experiment to fine-tune our use of the avaiable
medications.  It was by adding the partial, chewed Sinemet 25/100 to the CR
that I reduced the crossover periods to a minimum of inconvenience.

This combined , CR plus chewed, partial Sinemet routine has occasionally
given me 6 hours with no "off" time at all

Ivan Suzman L([log in to unmask])

The first lilacs have just opened and the  weeping willows have  shed their
garlands of creamy yellow-green flowers.