I forgot...
I am not PD. I am just me.
I am not disabled ,disgusting or unusable.
I am just *me* hidden just behind the symptoms:
feeling unable, without gusto, and somewhat use-less.
It's time to stop and look at *me,*
the real *me* struggling within, somewhat overwhelmed.
It's time to stop identifying *me* as the symptoms;
stop seeing myself only in terms of tremors or drooling;
stop basing *me* on fingers that don't work right or feet that cramp and
stumble;
stop tying my self-image to minute dosages and timing my self-esteem to the
clock;
stop, yes STOP burying *me* beneath the symptoms and prescribed antidotes.

It's time to remember the person inside, the little child just beneath:  The
adult who loves sunsets at the lake, the child who dips toes in the cold
water, and the adult/child laughing as the dog patiently *rescues* pebbles
out of the water using her mouth, only to drop them on the slope and watch
as they slide back in...such a game! I like laying awake and hearing the
early birds sing morning greetings. I like hearing the kitty cats me-yowling
and doggies howl-lelujahing for breakfast. I like friends and family coming
over for the evening, enjoying dinner, bridge (for my spouse and some who
actually claim to understand the bidding), while the rest of us partake of
good humored conversation and catch up on life happenings to each.

It's time to unbind my freedom to just be *me* from out the mummy wrappings
of symptoms and antidotes that seem to have taken over living in my place
for *me.*  It's time to declare my freedom that it's okay to live openly as
*me* minus the PD self-image.

Is it your turn to remember and time to declare it's okay to live openly as
*you* minus the PD self-image???

*** Doug & Llyn Gruber  <[log in to unmask]> ***
***   As they say in "little" Italy, Texas -- Caio, y'all  ***