At 01:35 AM 5/31/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I am 47, PD diagnosed for 1 year shortly after first symptom: tremor in right
>foot, most intense after running.  Now tremor in foot, leg and sometimes
>right hand.  Coffee and stress seem to make tremor worse.  Anyone out there
>with a similar experience?
>
>Enderal and 5 mg Valium controls tremor more than Sinemet for me right now.
> Anyone know anything about Enderal for PD???

Tremor in absence of rigidity and slowness of movement points to the
diagnosis of essential tremor instead of PD. In that case, propranolol
(Inderal) works great for initial treatment in minimizing the tremor.
Depression can be a side effect of propranolol and later compounded by
reduced effectiveness of propranolol in controlling the tremor...over time.
An antidepressant can be indicated in that eventual outcome. Lorazepam can
be the most cost effective mood elevator in that case.

The simple diagnostic tool you can use yourself to determine if it is
essential tremor, is take an alcaholic drink before some stressful
situation. If the tremor is minimized, it is probably essential tremor.
Taking parkinsonian medications by an essential tremor patient can
exacerbate the tremor.

Discuss your findings with your neurologist.

John Cottingham    "The parkinsn list brings Knowledge, Comfort, Hope, and
Homeboy             Friendship to the parkinsonian world."
LibraryH            Parkinson's Chat on the Undernet 8:30 PM CST -6 Daily.
                    If you access the Internet through a provider with a
[log in to unmask]     PPP/SLIP account, free IRC chat software is available. WFD